Learn the practical steps of App Store Optimization (ASO) from start to finish so you can improve app visibility & downloads.
In Q1 2021, there were 3.48 million apps available for Android users on Google Play — and Apple App Store has approximately 2.22 million apps in place for iOS users.
The dilemma marketing teams face today is not whether to invest in apps to engage with their audience, but how they can enable people to discover their apps in the first place.
This is where app store optimization (ASO) is so important.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- What is app store optimization?
- How to achieve higher rankings within app stores.
- Types of app stores to promote your company app.
- Tactics to improve your organic rankings for apps.
Whether you are new to app store optimization or simply keen to refine your approach to ASO, this post shares practical insights which are proven to maximize app store success.
What Is App Store Optimization?
App Store Optimization (ASO) is known by a few names, including App Store Marketing and Mobile App SEO.
ASO is fundamentally about improving the visibility of your apps inside an app store search engine such as Google Play or Apple App Store. By increasing impressions, you can support other goals such as traffic to your online app and downloads.
The focus of ASO is expert resource applications related to improving the ranking of mobile applications (apps) directly within app stores (like iTunes, Google Play, and Windows Store).
The main mobile phones that apps are created for are the iPhone/iPad, Android, and Windows Phone.
The goal of ASO is nearly always app downloads, but supplemental goals can include items such as:
- Increased brand exposure.
- Positive app reviews and ratings.
- More frequent and increased volumes of app reviews.
- Audience engagement.
- Additional marketing channel diversification.
Are you considering how to justify an investment in ASO?
Well, you should know that app store users and app downloads are growing fast!
According to Statista.com, since 2016 the number of mobile app downloads worldwide continues to grow:
- 140.68 billion in 2016.
- 192.45 billion in 2018.
- 204 billion in 2019.
- 218 billion in 2020.
Understanding App Store Optimization
If you are new to ASO, it may be a more familiar approach to your business’s online marketing than you initially thought.
There are quite a few overlaps in approach between traditional search engine optimization (SEO) and ASO – something we’ll cover in more detail in the next section.
When you think about it, this makes perfect sense.
App stores are, in effect, a closed site search engine, which in turn rely on:
- Easy content (app content) discovery.
- Plus, app ranking algorithms tied to:
- Perceived app quality.
- Brand scale.
- User value signals (e.g., reviews, ratings, engagement).
Sound familiar? It should.
Top Freelancers for Every Business
Fiverr gives your team the flexibility to expand in-house capabilities and execute every project by connecting with freelancers for every skill set you need.
These factors are all important organic search ranking signals, too.
Marketing experts focusing on generating increased ROI from app stores are primarily targeting key performance indicators tied to increasing app visibility:
- Engagement (reviews/ratings).
Just like SEO, optimizing for your app’s visibility is a constantly evolving and ongoing process.
When you build an app, your goal is to drive traffic.
With a commitment to ASO, consistently tracking and measuring performance and results, you can stand out in the App Store and Play Store where your reach is limitless.
In case you are wondering what categories have the most traction in app stores, the top 5 most popular Apple App Store categories in March 2021 were:
- Games (21.53%).
- Business (10.11%).
- Education (8.67%).
- Lifestyle (8.62%).
- Utilities (6.24%).
The percentages outside of the top 5 categories are closely grouped between 2% and 4% and include travel, food/drink, health/fitness, and more.
The only exception to this close grouped trend being entertainment, which has 5.72% of popularity.
Organic Optimization: Your ASO Foundation
The key ingredient missing from many ASO marketing delivery approaches is organic search optimization and integration of app stores within the broader organic marketing mix.
There is more overlap with ASO and SEO than direct competition between the two.
The integration of these areas, and the application of consistent focus on ASO, can support numerous search marketing gains.
You may be surprised to discover that lots of the traditional search engine optimization tactics that work for search engine performance, such as Google and Bing, can also be directly applied to ASO.
Examples of this include:
- App name, title, and URL optimization.
- Keyword research for ASO.
- App rating and reviews generation and handling.
- Deep linking within mobile apps.
- Indexation of Apps in Google SERPS (search engine results pages).
- Click-through rate (CTR) optimization.
The biggest marketing mistake, however, when it comes to integrating SEO and ASO is overlooking the role of the website for driving volumes of referral visits directly to your store page, and app downloads section.
Your website should be seen as the driving force behind leading people throughout the information seeking and buying funnel from your main online entity (your website) through to an engaged, ready-to-buy/download audience (your app store).
As content levels are limited within the app stores themselves, the more that you can leverage your website content to increase app awareness and discovery to build external app authority and visibility, the greater the wider value, traffic and downloads your app will receive.
In-App Store Tactics
A number of specific optimization areas within app stores, including Google Play and other app promotion platforms, can be targeted for updates, refinement, and ongoing optimization.
The vast majority of all app downloads are directly attributed to app stores, so you cannot overestimate the value of in-app store maximization.
While app store features and available fields will vary, the following are the core optimization items you will need to focus on and improve:
App name, URL, and subtitle
Ensure they reflect the core keywords describing your app as well as reinforcing value, differentiation, and other perceived value signals. It is important that these areas reflect the highest value keywords and user search behavior.
You should also note that there are character restrictions in place for areas such as app title (name), and be cautious about potentially implementing low-quality or spam tactics. Keyword stuffing, for example, is easy for algorithms to identify, demote or penalize, so should be avoided.
If in doubt, speak with an expert, or ask yourself why you are adding in this combination of terms? Do they speak to the user? Are they reflective of their search habits?
App keyword field(s)
These are imperative to get right and to update to show the latest and changing user search queries. Traditional keyword research is required for optimizing this. Ensure you take time to gather a comprehensive data set and put in place measures to review, refine and improve this and the other key items in an iterative way (likely monthly).
App ratings and reviews
These are a core trust area for users as well as a ranking signal for app stores. Volume, freshness, and rating all matter.
You will need to have a framework in place for generating regular reviews as well as for replying to and engaging with reviews. Front line staff can provide a wealth of value in this area, and having in place some form of staff training and incentivization can help motivate and empower your team to be proactive and consistent in gathering positive volumes of app reviews.
As you would expect, the more downloads your app receives, the higher the perceived buzz, demand, and user value associated with the app. Increasing the volumes of downloads will support increased prominence within the app store’s organic ranking.
It is as important to integrate your marketing channels outside of the app store to drive people to the app as it is to maximize the in-app performance. The better you can combine marketing channels and track the interactions between them, the greater your ability to impact them.
App Updates: Downloads Deserve Freshness
The top-performing apps in app stores are those that are ever-evolving (reflecting user feedback, technology changes, feature additions, and improvements).
They are also those apps that are constantly changing, evolving, and reflecting the feedback and requirements of the audience.
Apps that get updated more frequently tend to derive more positive and more frequent reviews.
They also provide iterative ways to update, engage with, and service your company community.
Updating your app at regular intervals can bring with it added relevance for your product to your audience and enable your brand to react to changing audience needs and competition changes with app refinement and improvement.
Both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store take into account the regularity of app updates as part of the ranking algorithm.
This means that the more your brand is dedicated to progressing your app product offering, the greater your likely app ranking and in-store performance will be.
It is also a useful means to ensure your app remains fit for purpose and supportive of positive reviews and open feedback loops with your audience.
5 Extra App Store Optimization Tips
Here are a final few more tactics that you can deploy for app store gains.
1. App stores use keyword triggers in your app name, title, description, and associated fields, so ensure that you spend time researching the best keywords to use and that you revisit them at regular intervals for optimization opportunities
2. How you present your app store product page will have a big impact on the conversion rate value (downloads) you get from the page. Product page CRO should be an ongoing focus area for generating downloads.
3. Thumbnail images and screenshots used to promote your app in app stores will directly impact the click-through rates (CTR) of impressions compared to clicks to extra app pages.
4. A/B test each of your app store fields for continually improving key metrics associated with the field (CTR, CRO, etc.). This type of experimentation and hypothesis testing is critical for getting every ounce of value from the available optimization areas within app stores.
5. Consider using Apple’s Spotlight Search. By using this app store users can search the apps that they have already installed on their mobile phones. When you enable Apple’s Spotlight Search you can also impact app use and engagement levels as people are going to be exposed to your app more frequently.
App store optimization (ASO) continues to outperform growth trends.
Over the past few years, the necessity and value of apps within the marketing mix have been cemented as a key marketing tactic.
The initial challenge now is how to get apps discovered by users organically within the major app stores.
Hopefully, you now have practical steps to take today to refresh, refine, and better position your apps to generate increased results.
10 Powerful Strategies to Boost organic App Downloads
Tips to Increase Mobile App Installs/ Downloads Organically !
You’ve finally built your own app. Now you have to focus on to increase mobile app installs/ downloads organically.
You love your design, your app icon, and it works flawlessly on every device you tested it on. The niche you found is unexplored and competition-free.
There’s only one problem (and it’s a big one):
No one is downloading your app.
If that’s the case, you’ve run into the same problem many developers encounter after they publish their apps. But don’t be discouraged – if you have an app you want the whole world to use, you can make it happen.
Once you get downloads you’ll be able to make some real money.
All it takes is a little effort and the right know-how to bring your app to the attention of the masses. So, to learn the best ways to boost your mobile app downloads organically, let’s first understand how apps are downloaded in the first place.
How App Store Optimization Works
The first thing you need to grasp to generate more app downloads is how the app stores you publish your app to actually work.
Let’s go over some basic app developer language.
You may have heard of SEO – Search Engine Optimization. But have you heard of ASO – App Store Optimization?
The two are very similar in relation to your app’s success, but ASO has even greater impact on its listing than SEO does for Google search results. ASO is specifically what increases the visibility of your app in the marketplace. The higher its rank, the more users will find your app when they search.
And once a user finds your app, ASO also helps determine whether they actually download it. There are quite a few factors that affect your ASO:
- Positive reviews: The more positive reviews an app has, the higher its rating will be. When users rank an app highly, it will also be ranked highly, which naturally improves downloads.
- App downloads: The more downloads you have, the more downloads you’ll get. App publishers should aim for a steady amount of downloads to rank highly.
- Keyword relevance: Apps with popular keywords in their title and description may see more downloads.
- Revenue: Apps with a good record of revenue generation will get more visibility from the app store.
- Country: Regional success can influence your ranking in that region. Boosting your ranking in multiple regions can have a snowball effect.
- Backlinks: If you can include backlinks to many relevant pages, you can improve your app ranking.
- Social proof: Your app’s popularity across social media platforms can affect its app store ranking – especially on Android. Shares and +1’s on Google+ can determine whether users notice your app or ignore it.
- App starts: The number of times users actually open your app also has a significant impact on ranking.
- Retention: The number of people who uninstall your app vs. the amount who keep it within 30 days also affects rankings. To ensure retention, cater heavily toward your target audience in the app description.
Taking all of these into account can dramatically alter the way your app is perceived by the general public, and how it’s treated by app store algorithms.
Now that you have a better understanding of where your app lives once its published, let’s look in more detail at the 10 best ways to boost your app’s downloads.
1. Create an Enticing App Icon
Your app icon is the first thing someone sees in the app store, so the design you choose is critical to your success. As users scroll through the app store, yours should pop out as eye-catching and recognizable.
Make sure you use a design that serves as a clear representation of your app. It should provide as much of a clue as possible to what users will find after they install it.
With that said, you should keep the app icon as straightforward as possible, and not too flashy. Simplicity is best – you don’t want it cluttered and confusing to the eye.
2. Social Media Outreach
Before you decide on which social networks to use to build your app’s public personal, you have to decide what angle to start from. This means your social media voice must match your app’s personality.
Who is your app? If it were a person, what would it sound and act like?
When posting, use that voice consistently. If your app is edgy and “cool,” don’t bore your fans with bland business language. But if your app is geared towards young professionals, that business speak might suit your audience well.
The social media platforms where apps tend to get the most attention are:
But don’t just post information and promotions concerning your app to these platforms. Create conversations and engage with your fans. Reply to comments in your app’s voice to increase engagement. Such a relationship will increase word-of-mouth praise of your commitment to users, and increase downloads as a result.
One word of caution: each social media platform has its own terms of service regarding contests, giveaways, and advertising. Be sure you’re never in violation of them while you draw attention to and build loyalty for your app.
3. Name and Describe Your App Appropriately
A good title means the difference between people knowing your product by name and referring to it as “This thing on my phone.”
So, if you want your app title to stick in people’s heads, the name needs to be unique and appropriate. And while no one can give you the perfect name, here are some evergreen tactics for coming up with your app name:
- Don’t use names that are already in use – Search extensively before you settle on a name and click Publish, or else you might end up face-to-face with a lawyer.
- Keep your app name short and sweet, easy to spell, and memorable.
- Do your best to choose a name that reflects what your app Users should not scroll past your app when looking for something to fit their needs.
And while app stores give you a 225 character limit, you should only use around 25 of them. That’s all that shows up in a search result, so be sure those characters are used wisely.
Your description, on the other hand, is where you need to be most strategic about ASO. It works similarly to the meta description tag for a website but isn’t searchable on the app store.
So, while you don’t need to pack it with keywords, you do need to be strategic with it. By listing important information, benefits and features, social proof, and a call-to-action, you can greatly affect your ASO.
4. Market Your App Effectively
If you’re fortunate enough to have a marketing budget, don’t be too conservative with it.
Typical marketing is structured over a few weeks or months. But if you want to get a sharp spike in downloads for your app in a very short time, concentrate all your marketing spending into a small time frame.
It takes some courage and dedication to roll out a full marketing campaign all at once, but if done successfully, you can see some awesome returns.
Depending on your total budget, you should spend the money within a few days or a week at most. Spread your advertising across the channels that are most popular with your target audience, which could include:
- Social media
- Sites like Reddit and Digg
- Email Marketing
- SMS marketing
- Content Marketing
- App directory sites
- Relevant blogs/magazines
A lot of your downloads will come from organic searches, but many downloads will come from your web-version landing page. That’s why you should also create a webpage dedicated to your app with a clear call-to-action directing users to download your app.
5. Using Eye-Catching Photos and Videos
One of the most important aspects of your app description is your collection of photos, screenshots, and videos.
Photos related to your app that highlight your most popular and needed features will immediately encourage downloads. Screenshots from your app itself are what users will typically look at after they first find you in search results.
A good combination of these two is crucial to encouraging users to click that download button.
Here are a few ways you can use photos to make users more interested:
- Show what your app actually looks like for users – not splash screens.
- Make sure your screenshots contain different aspects of the app in action.
- Include explanations, captions, and arrows that show users what they can do inside your app.
- Put extra emphasis on the most popular and needed features of your app.
- Convince users that your app has a better design than that of your competitors.
If you have the necessary tools, you can even design a video for your app. If you don’t have the tools to make your video, you can hire a professional agency or find mobile specific video editors like the creators at Apptamin.
And if you can, have your app subtitled and translated in several different languages. Reaching out to as many people as possible is key to increasing your download rate, after all.
6. Ask for Reviews
If you can draw positive reviews from fans of your app, you can see your downloads increase exponentially.
Reviews that declare your app a valuable download or say it provides a great user experience are “testimonials” that let other users know your app is worth downloading.
You might be tempted to purchase fake reviews just to increase the amount of attention your app is receiving as a whole. But if the app store finds out you used this tactic, you may have your app suspended entirely.
Organic reviews from real people are far more valuable to your app than fabricated ones because you as the developer can learn from it as well. Not only will the feedback provide other users with an understanding of your product, it can also inform you about what needs to be fixed or changed.
So, send out requests to a variety of people with real influence. Popular YouTubers and critics on major tech websites with large readership are some great targets for your requests.
In your press releases, mention the fact that you’re looking for feedback. In some cases, the media outlets you’ve sent them to will already have someone on their staff specifically there to review apps.
Because you took the time to alert them to something related to your product, they might return the favor by reviewing you positively. And once a publication writes about you, contact every smaller outlet you’ve reached out to in the past. Refer them to the new article and they might write their own with the initial reviews in mind.
You can also offer incentives to users who leave you reviews. This is a great method to increase the amount of users who actually choose to do so. Coupon codes, tangible prizes, or redeemable points to be used within the app can all be great encouragement for people to leave you positive reviews.
7. Devise Clever Promotions
If your app is available with a pay-to-download monetization model, you can experiment with temporary price drops to drive downloads.
An analysis by Distimo compared downloads and revenue data estimates for 12 games from the week of their price-drop promotion to the previous week without the promotion.
The games were able to increase total global revenue by an average of 437 percent in the seven days during the price-drop promotion.
Sure, this might not work for every app or game. But if you have loyal users and powerful word-of-mouth, people might jump at the opportunity to snag your app on the cheap.
8. Hacking the Press
According to a story from Entrepreneur.com, one app developer was able to dramatically increase his downloads and drive impressive revenues by “hacking” the press.
Iliya Yordanov, founder of the personal finance app MoneyWiz, first tried to get publicity by contacting US media and app review sites. To his disappointment, none of the media sites got back in touch with him.
He then realized that if he sent the same press releases to select foreign markets – Russia, Spain, Germany, Italy, and France – he could get reviews and write-ups on his app. The response from the media in these countries drove his app all the way to the number one spot in the finance category on the App Store.
As a result, his app got noticed in the US, which led to Apple featuring his app. After that, the US media quickly took notice.
You can take a similar approach in boosting your app downloads. When you make a list of media outlets to send your presses to, include many in Europe, Asia, Australia, and any other substantial market. If you think users there might love your app, tell them about it!
9. Sharpen Your Keywords
Remember when we talked earlier about the difference between SEO and ASO?
We’ve covered a lot about ASO so far, so here’s how to make sure your app is optimized for search engines.
Say you have a finance app called “Modern Finance.” When choosing your keywords, you’ll want to include the word “finance” as many times as possible in any relevant copy or descriptions found by search engines.
What other terms do you think users are searching for when looking for the need that your app fulfills? Take the time to perform keyword research to see which words tend to get the most traffic.
You can also use the normal Adwords Keyword Tool to search for lateral keywords to use as well. Lateral keywords are the ones suggested by Google after you’ve located your app.
But remember – you shouldn’t just choose any keyword because it has high search volume. Any keyword you use should be accurate and relevant to your app and audience. If you pack your descriptions full of irrelevant keywords, your app could lose credibility and your downloads might suffer as a consequence.
10. Focus on the User
It’s not all about the number of downloads you get. It’s also important to know how, when, where, and by whom your app is used.
Analytics are very important to determining what your users want the most out of your app, and how you can deliver that. They’re also the key to generating continuous downloads.
Analytics should inform you of your users’ behaviors from download until deletion (if they ever do delete your app!). They should also facilitate A/B testing to determine what works best based on certain trigger points you set up inside the app.
The most used analytics on the planet is undoubtedly Google’s Universal Analytics.
Universal Analytics allows you to connect to multiple devices and associate multiple sessions with a unique ID. When you send that ID to Universal Analytics, you can get an accurate user count, analyze the signed-in user experience, and get access to a huge amount of other helpful data.
There’s also Flurry Analytics, a service that boasts huge clients like Yahoo!, EA, and Groupon.
Flurry provides you with loads of info about your app, including:
- Usage: Active users, sessions, session lengths, frequency, retention, and more.
- Audience: Your users’ interest, personas, and demographic breakdown.
- Technical: Device information, carrier data, firmware versions, and details on bugs and errors.
- Events: Define events, see user paths, and create funnels.
There are a lot of other resources out there for analytics for your app. Here are a few:
Any of these are great options to know how your app is used and what you can do to improve the user experience. The data you’ll get along with your download tracking will help you adjust your app marketing and improve your tactics for boosting those downloads.
Generating more downloads for your app is not always the easiest thing to accomplish.
But, if you make use of these tips and best practices, you’ll see a considerable boost in downloads and app store rankings.
Always remember to keep your target audience’s preferences in mind when trying out these strategies. What works best for general consumers might not work as well for your audience – so use these tips while keeping their best interests at heart.
And here’s one last tip: the iTunes App Store and Google Play sometimes change what they consider most important for apps to feature. So, always stay on top of on industry trends and update whatever elements of your app are necessary to deliver exactly what your users need. That way, you’ll always stay high in app store rankings.
If you do all of this successfully, you can feel pretty confident knowing you’ll be able to drive some serious app sales.
Which of these methods for boosting mobile app downloads are you most excited to try?
App Store Optimization ASO Services in India | App Promotion
Enhancing The Visibility Of Your Mobile Apps
What is ASO?
App Store Optimization (ASO) is for mobile apps just like search engine optimization is for websites. It is the process of optimizing apps to increase their visibility on major app stores, such as App Store for iOS, Google Play for Android and Windows Store for Windows Phone. The higher the rank of your app in the app store’s search results, the higher the traffic to your app and more chances of getting downloads. As 63% of apps are discovered through app store searches, it becomes essential to get your app to the top.App store searches drive the majority of installs and our app store optimization services are designed to help you get the most out of this discovery channel.
App Store Optimization (ASO) is the process of improving the visibility of a mobile application developed on various platform namely OS, Android, Blackberry, Windows, and cross-platform application. Just like SEO is for websites, so as App Store Optimisation is for mobile apps, which means it helps in ranking of apps in App Stores leading to increased downloads. We create differences to your business requirements.
How Does Optimizing Your Mobile App Help Your Business?
Investing in ASO is one of the best strategies for increasing your organic download, that is, a user discovers your app in search results and decides to download it. 63% of people discover apps through search.
ASO improves your search ranking by helping to:
- Enhance your mob app visibility for increased download
- Improve your rank in various app store’s search results
- Drive more traffic to your app’s page in the app store
- Provide access to relevant and targeted users
Why ASO Matters Today
App Store Optimization (ASO) is a rather recent specialty in the world of digital marketing, because never before has the app market swollen to such a size that it’s become possible – and necessary – for businesses to exploit and use definitive marketing factors to bring their app to the top.
We here at YGOSEO utilize those marketing factors to bolster your application, increase brand visibility, multiply your download numbers and bring you as close to the top of your category as possible.
ASO isn’t an exact science just yet – but we’re among the pioneers who are working relentlessly to decipher every last possibility in the world of SEO for apps.
How does App Store Optimization Work?
App Store Optimization is a method of marketing your app.
In today’s high-tech world, people are experts enough and they know how to search for the specific things on the Internet using their mobile devices. When searching for an app in an app store, an average user takes 3-6 seconds to decide whether they want to download that app or not. If your app comes out at the top of the search results and has eye-catching visuals, great title and easy to understand description, then you can get them to download it. If your app is optimized by a professional ASO company like us, here is how you can benefit:
- Discoverability – Make your app discoverable in app stores
- Conversions – Increase visibility to drive conversion rates
- Downloads – Get more organic downloads with top rankings
- Acquisition – Enhance acquisition results at a low cost
Features of App Store Optimization Service
Our ASO strategy is based on understanding the customers, the competitive landscape of your app.
- Keyword Research for ASO: We inherently understand that both the Google Play store and the iOS App Store have different approaches to ASO. The App Store allows 100 characters while the Play Store allows 4000-characters to determine search results. We use proprietary tools to understand the language and keywords your customers are searching for, your competitors are targeting, and the ones that will drive the most traffic.
- App Title: The most important part of ASO, the App name or title, needs to be a balance between uniqueness, branding, and relevant keywords that drive search results. We recommend short titles, followed by a dash or vertical bar and select keywords for description.
- App Description: An app’s description should function as a call-to-action – describing what the app does clearly, its features, and compelling reasons to download it. Simple, concise and updated descriptions will drive downloads.
- App Reviews & Ratings: The most important factor in app rankings is volume and quality of reviews and ratings – encourage ratings and reviews from happy customers, either through prompts or incentives. We help analyse your existing reviews, increase the volume of positive-sentiment ratings, and leverage feedback to improve ASO.
- App Logo: First impressions matter, and so does your app logo! An attention-grabbing logo in bright colours, unique shape and/or simple imagery is a key part of your app’s branding. For e.g, take Instagram’s logo – it’s bright, it’s descriptive, and is easily recognizable.
- App Screenshots: Including screenshots and videos allow potential users to visualize your app and will drive downloads. Highlight the best parts of your app, its most popular pages, and its key features – this is your window display to the world! We love the screenshots that Snapchat has used – they accurately depict all that the app can do:
- App Publisher Name: Publisher name and reputation also drives app searchability – choose a publisher name that describes the types of apps you create succinctly. For example, the classic Angry Birds game is published by Rovio Entertainment:
- App Category: In the iOS App Store, you can pick a primary and secondary category for your app while in the Google Play Store, you can only pick one. Choosing a relevant category is extremely important to success – your app’s best fit, user mindset, and competitor categories are all valid considerations.
- Download & Retention: Post download, app engagement and retention are the next challenges to work on – a high quality app is only the first step. Introducing incentivisation, adding personalisation, asking and acting on user feedback, as well as frequent updates to the app will be value additions to the lifecycle of the app.
Advantages of YGOASO – ASO Services
- Promising and long term results
- Quality control and timely reports
- Maintain data security and confidentiality
- Proven and tested methodology
- USP – POC – Proof of Concept available
Why to hire YGOASO – ASO Service
- Improved app search results
- Increase in app ranking
- Help brand recall
- Increase in conversion
- Optimized Content and Data
- Rapid app comprehension
- Increase in app sales
- Improved search discovery
- Higher user retention
- Lower acquisition cost
- More app downloads
- Better app visibility
- Better app searchability
Contact us –
+91-7506172142 (Calls & WhatsApp)
+91-7715997317 (Calls only)
YGOSEO is the outstanding app store optimization company offering best ASO service in India with POC – Proof of Concept, having practical knowledge to promote android app at top 3, 5 & 10 ranking on Google app store with maximum 200 of the keywords.
Improvement in App Ranking first, then Billing!ygoaso.com
Strategies for App Store Optimization (ASO) in India: Globally there are billions of smartphone users, and that number steadily increases year after year, generating a huge market for the creation and purchasing of apps.
There are over four million apps that rank on the Apple App Store and Google Play Stores today, which means you’ll need to get strategic about marketing your app if you want to generate mobile downloads and engagement.
Here is 7 Strategies for App Store Optimization Guide (ASO) to boost the visibility and ranking of your app.
What is App Store Optimization?
App Store Optimization (ASO) are improvements made on an app download page to help your app to climb the visibility ladder and encourage more people to download it.
ASO is primarily focused on the world’s two leading app store platforms: the Apple App Store (iOS) and Google Play Store (Android).
If you are creating an app or already have one on the marketplace, ASO is crucial for standing out in a crowded app market.
“ASO is not a ‘one and done’ project, it needs continuous attention and consistent updates,” explains Emery.
7 Strategies for App Store Optimization (ASO) in India
There are seven basic principles for ensuring that your app is optimized for the app store.
Following these tips will help you effectively market your app, identify your top competitors, and take your app to the next level.
1. Use Relevant Keywords
Researching the right keywords for your audience is essential.
You will need to pinpoint what keywords your potential customers are searching for and ideally the keywords that your top competitors use.
Matching keywords with your customers’ needs will help them more easily find your app on the app store.
- Don’t use keywords unrelated to your app, it will penalize your ranking.
- Only use one form of a keyword (singular or plural).
- Do not use keywords that include the word “app” or your competitors’ brand names.
For help analyzing keywords, we recommend starting with Google Keyword Planner and migrating to app store optimization tools like Mobile Action and Sensor Tower.
2. Optimize Your Title & Description
Titles are the single most important metadata you can use to get more downloads.
Focus on writing a title that is under 25 characters so the entire title is visible on the app browse screen. A title should also be memorable to increase downloads. Using your company’s name and top keyword will make your app easier to search for.
Once you have chosen your title, try to search for your app. If there are thousands of results, your title isn’t creative enough.
The description should include as many relevant keywords as possible (without stuffing) in the first 250 characters. Anything after this initial description requires a “read more” click from the potential customer.https://ygoseo.com/app-store-optimization-aso-services-in-india/embed/#?secret=pX2xIxJNED
3. Include Compelling Icons & Screenshots
Compelling visuals can give you an edge in the app marketplace.
Choose an app icon that is easy to recognize and will be memorable for your brand. Aim to use different colors than your top competitors to eliminate any confusion from potential customers.
The majority of people will look at your screenshots before making the decision to download, so don’t skimp on these. We recommend using as many screenshots as the marketplace will allow you to upload.
Use a colorful template so your screenshots look professional and aesthetically pleasing together. The text should not be the primary focus. Include visual features that show how your app is more valuable than its competitors.
“Always be testing your creative; screenshots & preview videos. This will have a large impact on your ASO performance,” says Emery.
4. Add Video
Creating a video within your app’s page can increase downloads by 35%.
This significant increase is more than optimizing your title (15%) and visuals (30%). Every increase in downloads is also an increase in your rankings.
Since most people prefer to search and download an app within a few minutes, upload a video that showcases your app’s most valuable feature.
5. Research Your Competition
While understanding who your competitors are and their business strategy is important for any successful business, it is especially important in ASO.
Before adding your app to the marketplace, you should nail down the best category for your app.
Factors to consider when choosing a category include:
- the number of competitors
- the number of apps that are consistently updated
- how popular the category ranks (in downloads)
Once you have added your app to the marketplace, you will need to consistently monitor the top performing apps in your chosen category. See if their ranking changes when they add a keyword or change their metadata.
Do your best to rank new keywords before your competitors have a chance to. You will also want to track competitors that have a similar purpose, app features, and even apps that are simply using the same top keywords you are using.
According to App Tweak, a competitor analysis tool, you should be able to narrow your top competitors down to five so you can effectively manage a consistent ASO routine.
6. Build Backlinks
To build the best backlinks, your app should be actively linked on websites that are relevant to your app and have authority according to Google’s current algorithm standards.
Backlinks can be in text form or by image using the ALT (ALTernative text) tag.
While there is some controversy about the effectiveness of backlinks in regards to ASO, it is conclusive that quality vs. quantity is the preferred method of backlink success.
7. Drive Traffic (and Downloads) to Your App Store Page
Having a website that is SEO optimized to host your app information will allow you to drive traffic directly to your app store pages.
Utilizing this website for your app can also help you rank on Google, enabling those doing a simple web search for another option for finding and downloading your app.
You can also use paid app advertising to drive traffic to your app — such as Apple Search Ads (ASA) or Google Universal App Campaigns (UAC).
App Store Optimization Strategy
Mastery of ASO will not happen overnight.
However, if you spend a little time each day working on your app store optimization checklist, you will be pleased with the progress you can make.
Once you are comfortable with the traction your app is receiving, you can venture into promoting your app with paid advertising to further take advantage of ASO and increase your app’s market share.
Contact us –
+91-7506172142 (Calls & WhatsApp)
+91-7715997317 (Calls only)
YGOSEO is the outstanding app store optimization company offering best ASO service in India with POC – Proof of Concept, having practical knowledge to promote android app at top 3, 5 & 10 ranking on Google app store with maximum 200 of the keywords.